Skip to main content

Cleaning Day

Cleaning day. Ahhhh....I have a love hate relationship with cleaning. I hate doing it but I love to have it all done. Back in the good ol days when I had a job that paid me in money instead of the love and drooly baby kisses that I get now, I had a cleaning lady. And I loved her deep deep down to the very bottom of my heart. I miss her. But now since all I do is play all day my husband seems to think this duty should fall on my frail shoulders.



If you have kept up with some of my other posts, or if you just know me really really well, then you know I like to sing and dance and make a big time fool of myself...especially on cleaning day. It makes it so much more entertaining and fun. But I like to sing and dance like an idiot just at any random time too. For instance, Mom and I were in the K-Mart the other day and I busted out with an impromptu dance on the card aisle. Those were some snappy tunes they were playing in there. I couldn't help it. The music made me do it. I also danced by myself on the kitchenwares aisle. I wonder if K-Mart has a soundtrack??? I've also been known to challenge Brad to a dance-off every now and then. He usually takes the challenge because he thinks he can dance better than me...but he can't. I always win.



Where was I going with this....oh yeh....dancing and singing on cleaning day. By the way...this is an entirely genetic disorder...I inherited from my Mom. So today I've been in a nostalgic mood and have been listening to some SheDaisy. I don't know what ever happened to them or if they are still around but they are country and sassy and I like 'em a lot. And let me tell you a little something else about me...I am hard of hearing. So I like my music up loud. But being hard of hearing I almost NEVER hear the garage door go up unless I am actually in the garage. So TWICE today my stealthy hubby has surprised me by walking in unannounced (I guess that's allowed since this is his house) and caught me singing and dancing...and scared the crap out of me in the process. I don't know why it is embarrassing when I am caught unawares and not embarrassing when I make a total dork out of myself on purpose. O-well...it's ok. I don't think he married me for my dance moves....or maybe he did.



So Brad got home just as I was finishing up cleaning and only had the laundry to fold and put away and the prince helped me do it all! He's the best! Then he went to jump in the shower and I was...ummmm....I don't know what I was doing...apparently not watching the baby...and I heard Brad start laughing. That's when I saw this..... (Provocative Warning!!!)

James went to check out what his Dad was doing.

And yes, my kid stayed in pajamas all day. What?!?!?

I would post some pictures of my sparkling clean house but that would be lame and boring and I don't feel like getting up.



Tomorrow I am dropping James off with Mom so that I can get all of my shopping done. I don't make wise spending choices unless I am by myself and can think...and sometimes even then I don't.

Comments