Skip to main content

Happy Sunday

Yesterday was a fun and relaxing day. Well, relaxing for me. Brad refuses to relax. He just can't do it. He HAS to be moving at all times. He was fidgeting and fussing around the house and I told him to just sit down and relax for pete's sake, he was making me all nervous! And he couldn't. So what did he do? He went out for a 40 mile bike ride at 10:00 on Saturday morning. I stayed in my jammies and did nothing. I'm good at that.


Then I went to a friend's baby shower yesterday evening and it was fun to see her and her baby belly! So cute! She's having a girl and everything was pink and precious...so now I need a girl. I need to do the whole frilly lacy pink fluffy cutsie-pie ruffly thing. I NEED it! I am the girliest girl in all the world! I have to have a girl!

Last night after I got home from the shower James started feeling hot again. Brad took his temperature and it was up to 100.9. So of course I flipped out and called our doctor. That poor woman. Bless her heart. She is so patient with me. I love her to death for being so patient with me. She said just to watch his temp and not to take him to the church nursery today.

So we ALL slept in. It was wonderful! And James' temp was back down this morning. But bless his heart...I've never seen so much snot in all my life. That little bulb-booger-sucker-thing from the hospital is working over time. I ought to check into cleaning that thing out. Nast. As gross as this sounds, I love to do it though. It is such a gratifying feeling to get all of those boogies out of his little tiny nose. Plus, it makes James laugh when I do it. It must tickle or something. So it's big fun for both of us. It's ok...you can say it...I know I need to get a life.

After boogie time it was bath time. I stripped James down and started running his water and he couldn't wait to get it.
I think he was so excited that it made him wet himself. Yep...all over the bathroom floor. Brad was SHOCKED by this...I was amused. If it had been George he would have gotten swatted with the paper and had his nose rubbed in it...but James just got some big laughs from us. Aren't we nice to not do all that other stuff to him? Yeh, we spoil him.
I got to see what the neighborhood does during church hours. I was shocked to find out that the old folks don't go to church but instead mow their lawns. ALL of them...out mowing their lawns EARLY on a Sunday morning! What gives!?!?! Go to church people! I thought all old people went to church. Although it doesn't surprise me that these old folks don't....so cranky and all. They need some Jesus! Maybe He would help to decrankify them. Maybe we'll invite them to go with us. We could get one of those old people buses with the wheelchair lift and haul them all over there with us each Sunday! This sounds fun! I'm going to run it past Brad. He can load 'em up and I'll drive the bus.

Anyways....so after bath time we headed over to Nana and Papa's for lunch. And we couldn't get in. The garage door openers were deactivated. (Perhaps a subtle message from Mom and Dad???) We sat outside for about 30 minutes before I used a key that I've kept in my wallet for a bajillion years mainly because I wasn't sure what it was for and got in the back door. Duh! I miss my brain. I wonder if it will ever come back to me.
So coming up this week I am cleaning house tomorrow, grocery shopping on Tuesday, and cooking and packing for our trip to the mountains on Wednesday. We are leaving Thursday morning. We are excited to get out of town for awhile. We will be going with both of my sisters and their families. Can't wait! It's James' first trip to the cabin. So fun!

Comments