Skip to main content

Knowing

Yesterday I had a few different conversations with a few different friends. What struck me is how we all have issues in our life and all want to do the right thing for our kids, husbands, wives, family, and selves. Outside of the Lord, I don't know how that is accomplished. No matter if it is concerning small issues or great big life changing ones...it is so comforting to know that the Lord knows it all and wants to help us through by giving us wisdom and guidance.

I am fortunate enough to have several people in my life that pray for me. I can call these people and tell them what is on my heart and ask them to pray and I know they will. What is a real joy is also being able to pray for these people in the same way and see the Lord move in their lives.



~~~~~


Last night Brad and I watched Knowing. I don't know if I would really recommend it or not. Definitely not unless you read Ezekiel 1 first. Otherwise it just seems like a weird scary si-fi futuristic sort of movie. I think the writer/director/whoever loosely interpreted Ezekiel 1 and took some major artistic liberties but did get some points right. I think the one main theme to take from it was that in the end, the main character (Nicholas Cage) who had struggled with life being just random events with no real purpose, comes to the realization that there is a purpose to it all. But more so than not, Brad and I both went to bed confused and had bad dreams.


So all of that by way of saying...how depressing would life be to live not KNOWING that there is eternal life after all of this. That when our life is over, we get to spend an eternity with the Lord. With perfect healthy bodies. With no sin and no sadness. That what we do with our time and our lives here on earth matters and is important. Otherwise...you're just living for yourself, with nothing to look forward to other than being in hell for all eternity. Ick...no thank you!


I'm so thankful for the hope and peace that comes from having eternal security....from knowing that when I die...I will be in Heaven, not in hell. I'm thankful that I can know that I serve a Lord who cares about me and forgives me and loves me and DESIRES to spend time with me. That my life isn't just a string of random events that don't really have any lasting value or purpose. Whew!

Psalm 55:22-23 Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall. But you, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of corruption; bloodthirsty and deceitful men will not live out half their days. But as for me, I trust in You.

Psalm 57:1-3 Have mercy on me, O God, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills His purpose for me. He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends His love and His faithfulness.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments