Skip to main content

Today's Sermon

Our pastor has been doing a series called Text Messages that goes through the entire Bible highlighting some of his favorite verses. Today he covered Titus, Philemon, Hebrews and James. I need to get the cd from this sermon because there were several good reminders.

One thing that has stuck with me has been what he said about Philemon 4-6...I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

He talked about how some people complain about our church being too big. It is a big church, and we obviously don't know everyone personally, but it is reaching a lot of people and changing a lot of lives.

He said, "love people so much that you desperately want to know them better". That is what I keep thinking about. Sometimes it is most comfortable to stay in our little routine with people that we are most comfortable with. And I do love those people so much and do want to know them better, but I also need to reach out a little more. And maybe the people in my life that I am not so crazy about are the first ones that I need to focus on "loving so much" and get to know them better.

And this is from Titus 3:9-11...But keep away from foolish disagreements. Don't argue about family histories. Don't make trouble. Don't fight about what the law teaches. Don't argue about things like that. It doesn't do any good. It doesn't help anyone. Warn anyone who tries to get believers to take sides and separate into their own little groups. Warn him more than once. After that, have nothing to do with him. You can be sure that someone like that is twisted and sinful. His own actions judge him.

So in getting to know the aforementioned difficult people in my life better and loving them much...I don't need to be argumentative with them. WHAT?!?!?! Lord, do you know what you are asking of me?!?!? I think He does. Someone like that is "twisted and sinful". Another version says, "evil and sinful". I don't want to be any of those things.

Next week he will be covering Revelation and I am super excited to hear that. Should be excellent.

Anyways...that is just what has been on my mind today. What's been on yours?

Comments

apryl said…
hey we go to the same church! We usually go at 930 how bout ya'll?