Skip to main content

About Sunday

I am taking advantage of James sleeping late to get in a quick post. I'll type fast.

Yesterday was wonderful as always. We went to church to hear Tommy's final sermon in his 12 part series on Text Messages. This one was over 1, 2, 3 John, Jude, and Revelation. Of course it was wonderful. He talked about the Lord ALWAYS forgiving our sins when we confess them. (Thank goodness!) He talked about not losing your salvation, "if my good deeds weren't enough to GET me saved, they aren't enough to KEEP me saved", walk in love, grow in truth, contend for the teaching of Christ, and then he wrapped it up by talking about the 1st and 2nd judgements in Revelation. He ended with all of us standing to read the final sentences in Revelation as our closing prayer. For some reason this was particularly powerful to me. Anyways, what a wonderful series.

After church we had lunch with Mom and Dad. James was extremely happy to see them both since he hadn't gotten to see them in a couple of days. Even other people at the restaurant were commenting on how much he loves his grandmother. That is the truth! That baby is all about his Nana. He was scrambling for her as soon as he saw her.

Later that afternoon we went to Brad's parents house and hung out with them and Karin, JT and Addi. Karin makes cupcakes. I don't know what she does to them...but it is truly something magical. They are delicious! I was the ONLY person at the table that ate TWO! To be fair...I did share part of my first one with my kid so that justifies having a second one, right? And the second one was actually Brad's and he had taken a bite of it then was full...and it isn't right to let perfectly good cupcakes go to waste when there are starving children in Africa and whatnot, right? I was really doing a good deed, right? Probably not a good thing to be out-eating a pregnant woman and 3 grown men though. O-well. I'll deal with that another time....perhaps at overeaters anonymous.

Here is Addi and her yoga pose...
And Addi wishing I would get the camera out of her face...
And Addi and James fighting over the best toy in all the whole world...an empty water bottle...

Ok...the kid is in his crib making noises now. I suppose that means I have to go get him.

Comments

Melinda said…
Don't get a life because I LOVE reading your posts!! They are so fun and fullfilling!!