Skip to main content

Shopping Day

I was so tired from my shopping day yesterday that I couldn't even blog. Well, that and Brad was rushing me to come watch Heroes with him. (We've started that series from the beginning because we had never seen it and it is sort of addicting.)


But I got all of my shopping and errands for our trip done yesterday and just when I got home I got a call from my sister. The sister that is already at the cabin. And she told me that her littlest has been puking. If I could insert screeching brake sounds here I would because that is what happened to our plans. I don't do throw up real well. I would rather have a broken arm than a stomach virus. And the last thing we want is for all 12 of us to be in a cabin together throwing up. So we are currently awaiting word from her to see if the barf-fest has come to an end or if it is making its way through her family. If so, we will enjoy a lovely staycation in Amarillo. Stay tuned for updates......


Anyhow, Mom kept James for me so I could get all of my stuff done without loading and unloading him eleventymillion times. Geez...I had no idea how much a kid slows you down. But anyways, he had a fabulous time, as always, with his Nana. I took him over there the moment he woke up. I didn't even change him out of his pj's or anything. When I went to get him, I took him from Nana and he actually started crying and pushed away from me and reached for Nana. Doesn't do a whole lot for my mom-confidence, but I am happy he loves his Nana so much!


Moving on to George. His level of disgustingness had reached heights I never dreamed possible. So I took pity on him (and me) and took him to be groomed. I know I said I was going to wait until after our vacation, but it really couldn't wait any longer. If you remember, Brad had given him a mullet in an attempt to denastify him just a bit. And I said that I was too embarrassed to take him to the groomer. Well...I changed groomers. Partly because I was too embarrassed to take him as repugnant as he was and partly because our groomer had moved out to the goshawful middle of nowhere and it took me forever to drive out there and it made me mad every time I did it. So I found a lovely little groomer right in my very own hood. And she did a superb job! She was all sorts of proud of herself too...and rightfully so. He looked alarmingly bad when he went in, so pretty much anything she did would have been a vast improvement. But the best part was how pretty he felt. He was showing off as if he was a prize-winning show dog...bless his dumb little heart. It was like a doggie style show at our house. Notice his jacked-up tail. If you've never seen a real Maltese....this is NOT what they are supposed to look like....at all.
Here he is showing us his pensive look...



His dignified look....







And his fierce look....

I promised him I would never let him get so bedraggled again.

Comments

Wendy said…
I actually have 2 groomers. The one that I can take Daisy to when she's reasonably presentable who yells at me when she is gross, and the one who isn't quite as proficient but doesn't give me he heck when she is gross.... I love them both!