Skip to main content

Baby Food and Baby Addi

Today was my day to make baby food. I had set aside the whole day, but it actually only took me 5 hours. I made beef, chicken, turkey, green beans, broccoli, sweet potatoes, spinach, fruit medley (kiwis, cantaloupe, pineapple, and peaches), pear apple sauce, and apricots. It is very gratifying to have a freezer full of baby food all stored up. I made 100 containers which is actually 200 servings. Besides the fact that it is so much healthier for James, it only cost $21 to make all of that and it would have cost $172 if I had bought it at the store. Fun, huh?!?!

Fruit Medley...looks like vomit but tastes really good.

Sweet potatoes, green beans and chicken...
Broccoli.....

Spinach.....

Apples, pears, apricots, turkey, and beef...by the way...turkey, beef and chicken pureed into baby food is just about the nastiest thing you have ever ever seen. It actually makes Brad gag.
Ahhh....stocked up! What a good feeling!

~~~~~
Karin, JT and my sweet little niece stopped by to see her cousin today. They are so cute together. James is totally fascinated by her bow. Here he is trying to figure out what it is. Doesn't she have the prettiest blue eyes you have ever seen? What a doll!

~~~~~

And one last thing to let you know how wonderfully fabulous my husband is. Last night I was trying to figure out if I wanted to cook today and clean tomorrow or clean today and cook tomorrow (big decisions in the life of a housewife). And he said, "Well, I'm off on Friday, so if you wait to clean then I will help you." He's perfect. That proves it. I love him so much.

Comments

That is so awesome that you make your own baby food. Way to go!