Skip to main content

Little Cabin In The Woods...

We finally made it here! It is nice and cool...currently a lovely 60 degrees. I have been up since 3:00 am this morning and should be sound asleep...but apparently this mountain air is jacking up my sleep cycles because I am wide awake at 11:45.

James cried for a good portion of the trip here. A big thank you to my sister Carrie for riding with me and sticking it out. But James was more than ready to go nite-nite around 7:00 and gave in without a fight. I am sure this means he will be all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at like 5:00 in the morning.

I love the relationship my sisters have with Brad. He is like the little brother they never wanted...I mean never had. Brad asked Carrie to write his name on his cup for him and this is what she did. So funny! He's so trusting. (It says "Brat" instead of "Brad").
After dinner I made my sister's blow out their birthday candles...along with one of my nephews who is having a birthday tomorrow! Carrie and Christi's is Saturday but I felt like the cake wanted to be eaten tonight.

After birthday cake they opened a few presents. We got Grant underwear for his birthday...yeh...we are THAT aunt and uncle. Sorry Grant. But he really did act pumped about them. You gotta love a kid that is easy to please.

Carrie got a Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits cd (don't judge) and so needless to say...there were some fierce dance-offs being had tonight. I'm pretty sure my nephews were the clear winners! Although they did receive some dance lessons from Uncle Brad.

I can't even tell you how much I love this picture. It was SUPPOSED to be of Christi and her oldest son, Will having a sweet mommy-son moment. But little Mr. Sunshine popped into the picture! So cute!
We ended the night by hanging out on the patio and talking. It was a lovely first day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is a great picture of Grant!! Love those boys! Thanks for an update. Give all my love! YAMS