Skip to main content

Catching Up

I have a little catching up to do from last week.

First and most importantly is this...
This is one of my all time favorite pictures ever. This is my Dad and James on the 4th of July. And in case you haven't read it the other 60thousandmillion times I've said it...James is named after my Dad. And my Dad has been through a lot in the past year. I'm thankful for him. I'm thankful to have this picture of my son with him. I love the look on Dad's face. My Dad and I have always had a very special relationship. I completely adore him. I love to see the same relationship being built between he and James.
~~~~~

My beautiful nieces spent the week in Amarillo last week with my parents. I loved getting to see them everyday. They are such gracious lovely girls. I miss them.

Dad took them out to Cadillac Ranch one day. Aren't they just fabulous!?!

And another day I stopped by and they were making jam with my Mom. Isn't that just the perfect grandmotherly thing to do?! So cute. And they all looked so adorable in their darling aprons. Of course James had to budge into the picture. He's such a camera hog!
James sure took a shine to them. He misses them...he can't tell me that...but I know he does. They were so good with him and so helpful. I might miss them more than he does though.

~~~~~

On Friday, my brother-in-law Andy came into town for the weekend to pick them up and to spend some time with us. He and my Dad went to see Transformers with Brad thereby saving me from what would have been a fate worse than death had I had to go see it with him. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I owe them both big time.

When Brad and I got married, we stood on a little wooden platform that was covered with some sort of pretty something. Anyhow, Dad still had the platform in their garage and gave it to Brad the other day thinking we would want it for sentimental reasons. Well, my genius hubby decided to repurpose it into a step stool for James and our future kiddos. So sweet!
Andy just so happens to be a very talented carpenter (well really, the guy can do absolutely everything. He's brilliant! A doctor, carpenter, hunter, fisher, bilingual, missionary, etc....). So he and Dad helped Brad build this darling little stool. I just love it! Little did we know that the same wood that we stood on while promising to love, honor and cherish each other forever would also support the little feet of our future children.
Which leads me to tomorrow. It will be our 3rd anniversary. I'm sure I will have all sorts of sappy romantical things to say tomorrow...so if you don't like that kind of thing...feel free to read someone else's blog tomorrow.
~~~~~
There is no real reason for me to post the following pictures besides the fact that I just think they are cute. My Mom took them and I like them.

What's not to like about those poofy little cheeks?
And those big blue eyes and juicy little mouth???

Nothing that I can think of! He's just scrumptious!

Comments