Skip to main content

Happy 8 Months Baby James



James is 8 months old today. That was my very first thought this morning. Time is flying by so quickly. My sister Christi says, "The days are long but the years are short". And I get that. There are days that seem to drag by but these 8 months have flown. It seems like just yesterday James was tiny enough to hold with one hand. He was only 6 pounds and 3 ounces when he was born. My mom said, "Remember how he feels in your arms right now because you will forget how tiny he is."

What a joy James is. In the evenings, Brad and I sit around and stare at him and all of the cute things he does. We can't believe he is ours and we feel so blessed and lucky. The night he was born I sat there the entire night staring at him in that little plastic bassinet and thanked the Lord over and over and over for him. I could not believe that he was my baby and that he was healthy and perfect. I didn't think I would get to have children and so there was just too much joy and gratitude for my heart to hold. (I paid the next day for not sleeping though...everyone tried to tell me to sleep...but did I listen???)


I don't know why I am struck by these thoughts this month...I don't know that I've really even thought about it every other month. Maybe it is because he is going through so many changes right now. I just treasure these baby days because I see them slipping away so quickly. I don't want to let them go. I love holding him and feeding him his bottles. I love giving him his baths and feeding him his favorite peas. I love combing his hair and getting him dressed. And I know that all of these are things that he will be doing all by himself far too soon.

Comments