Skip to main content

The Weekend

In the 11 or so years that I have known Brad, I have rarely seen him as excited as he was on Saturday. Sure he was excited when we got married...when we bought our house...when our son was born...but Saturday, the object of his deep delight was this...

Yes, a brand spankin' new edger/weed eater (that he spread out all over the living room to admire).

His excitement was enough to get him out in the nine-thousand degree heat for FOUR straight hours.

His excitement caused him to do this... (read the entire manual)
And this... (smile while doing hard sweaty work)

And this... (flex his great big yummy muscles)
And all of this caused me to sit inside in the nice cool house for a long time, perplexed and pondering what could possibly bring me the same measure of joy? Food? Shoes? Purses? Clothes? Kitchen appliances? Egyptian cotton Ralph Lauren sheets? Jewelry? New granite counter tops? A day at the spa? A 99% off sale at all of my favorite stores? Nope...none of these things would motivate me to work out in the stifling heat for four straight hours. I refilled my ice tea and resigned myself to the fact that it is just a man thing and I don't get it but I'm happy for him. Whatev.

~~~~~

Moving on to today...we went to church this morning and it was a wonderful sermon on I and II Corinthians. Then we went to Mom and Dad's for lunch...and dinner. We made it an all day event. The real highlight of the day were these...


Mom's fabulously ridiculously mouth-wateringly delicious sugar cookies. Unless you yourveryownself have experienced these, you can't really even imagine what I am talking about. We got to their house before they were home from church and we managed to devour at least a dozen and a half before they got home. I'm not kidding. Then we ate more after lunch. And now Brad is polishing off the bag we brought home.

~~~~~


We are discovering that James is a big-time Nana's boy. He snuggles with Nana. He doesn't snuggle with Brad and me like he snuggles with his Nana.



Yep...he definitely knows where to go to get some big-time spoiling and love.

~~~~~


We got home tonight to a nice hot house. Our air conditioner is broken. We just had it repaired in April. I'm sad. I hate air conditioner problems. I already have a call in to the repair man and I am sure I am on the worlds longest waiting list. I am also sure after yesterday that 99.9% of Amarillo's air conditioners are broken...or just flat exhausted and taking a break.

So we have every fan running and it's still hot. Looks like we will enjoy another day with Nana tomorrow in her nice cool air conditioned house.

~~~~~


I will leave you with this...James laughing with his Papa. He loves his Papa.


Comments