Skip to main content

James' First Sleep-over

I just dropped my baby off at my mom and dad's to spend the night. For the first time. Ever. I have never been away from my baby overnight. I'm ok right now because I am just pretending he is in bed. I know he will have a great time with his Nana and Papa. I did ok dropping him off and leaving, but when I got home and saw his toys all over the floor...that's when I got sad. But Mom called me and told me how well he is doing and that made me feel a-ok. I hope he sleeps well for them and doesn't keep them up. His first big sleep-over. He's such a big boy!
Tonight before we dropped James off we had a delightful evening with the Bean's. I always talk about my friend Bean...but his real name is Zach. His last name is Bean. His parents are absolutely wonderful. They are Jan and Brent. (Never mind how ginormous I am in this picture...I was 8 months pregnant.)They invited us over for homemade ice cream and the most DELICIOUS cherry dessert I've ever wrapped my lips around. Honestly...I could have eaten the whole thing. We sat out on their back porch and ate and talked. It was wonderful. Brad and I just love Mr. and Mrs. Bean and thoroughly enjoyed getting to visit with them. They are truly incredible parents...Zach is such a wonderful person, friend and Christian. They sure did everything right raising him. He is a precious blessing in our life.

Comments

Sarah Hammer said…
awww...you will do ok with james being gone. it is scary the first few times, but you get used to it. and when you have more than 1, you are going to go "SOMEBODY PLEASE COME TAKE THE KIDS FOR 12 HOURS!!!" well, at least i do. i think it is really important for a kid to be able to be away from mom and dad for awhile. and even more important for mom and dad! congratulations on reaching this step!