Skip to main content

Empty Nest

I realize that I have become the crazy bird lady with my obsession over the birdies on my porch. I don't know what the deal is. I am consumed with all things baby since becoming a mother, I guess. Anyhow, this morning when I opened my door...much to my shock, heartbreak and horrification...all three babies flew off! How could this happen so soon!??!?! It seems like just yesterday they were pretty blue eggs and now they are flying away from me?!?!? I am hoping they will stay and live in the nest...forever. Just like James will stay in my nest forever and never leave.

This is the mommy. She is keeping a close eye on her babies. And she's so pretty too!

Ok...I am really going to try to spend less time taking pictures of the birds. It's like when you go on vacation and come back with fiftybajillion pictures of mountains and flowers and scenery that you don't really care about but at the time thought it was imperative to have pictures of all of it and now you have to explain to your family why you have 1 sad self-photo of you and your husband and fiftybajillion of other junk??? Ok...maybe that's just me. Next post will be on humans...promise.

Comments