Skip to main content

Flowers, Babies and Birds

Bradley, come to find out, has quite the green thumb! When we bought this house it had a hideous dog run at the back of the back yard. It was concrete with a chain link fence and a green ugly plastic thing over the top. It was truly an assault to my senses. So one day last summer Bradly decided to get rid of it. He took out the fence and ugly green thing and then, with Herculean strength, busted up the concrete slab and actually moved the pieces himself. With his own bare hands. I walked out there at one point and saw him lifting a piece of concrete about 4 feet wide by 3 feet long. He is SO strong! (I was pregnant at the time and I dared not lift a finger to help, but I sure enjoyed watching!) After that, he laid sod and made a beautiful garden. He really researched what to do with the soil, what flowers would grow best in that area, and how to take care of it. It was pretty last year, but this year it is just spectacular! He has a wisteria, star flower vine, larkspur, poppies, silver mound, lavender, zinnias, yarrow, and some other cute little flowers that I don't remember their name. It is such a joy to look at! I am so thankful to have a husband who takes pride in making our yard look beautiful.


Moving on...


Mom sent me some pictures this morning of James' sleep-over with them. She said that she thought she could tell that he was missing us. (Probably just a sweet Nana thing to say to make me feel good). After seeing the pictures, I realized that I really don't need to keep giving him his bath in the baby tub anymore. Duh! I am just bound and determined to keep him a baby as long as possible. Poor kid. I learn SO MUCH from my mom.

Seems like someone was given run of the "big chair" AND the remote control. Plus their tv is like movie-screen big so I know the child was in heaven!

And lastly, I have to add a picture of my baby birds.They are getting SO big. They don't even all 3 fit in the nest anymore. See how #3 is all squished under her sisters? I know how it feels having twin sisters. Maybe I should name them Carrie, Christi and Snuzi??? It's ok...she'll probably end up being her parents favorite too.

Comments

Sarah Hammer said…
wow. how in the world did you manage to get a husband that grows and maintains flowers? im super blessed if i get mine to mow the yard! lol james is so cute and happy. and so big. bigger than you can ever realize...as for the birds...im not sure about the names yet. :)