Skip to main content

Baby Birdies

Look what I've found on my front porch! A birdie nest!!! I am so thrilled and excited. Every spring I hang a plant on the front porch and every year a mommy bird comes and builds a nest in it and it absolutely delights me to the core. I love to have my front door open and listen to all the chirping. So darling! Anytime I go out the front door the mommy bird flies off and waits and watches in the tree nearby. However, in the last few years the babies haven't made it for some reason. Brad has always found the eggs on the porch all broken and he has to come and tell me the bad news, I cry, then he goes to clean it up, I feel sad for a few days, then I move on. I am hoping this is the year the babies will make it! I am very very careful when I water the plant. I try not to get any water in the nest. So here is a picture and this is where I am a bit flummoxed...what exactly is going on in there? I see the blue egg which I absolutely love...but what is all of that other stuff??? It looks like a mixture of fur and skin. I just can't make it out. I can't decide if i need to be grossed out or not. What do you think?

Comments