Skip to main content

I Don't Like Your Chocolate Chip Cookies

A couple of months ago I decided to surprise Brad with a batch of homemade fresh chocolate chip cookies. I didn't add enough flour and they came out very flat and goopey. I thought maybe he wouldn't notice. When he got home and ate one, he said, "I think the package these came out of must have gone bad". Hmmm...guess he noticed something was wrong. I (not so) sweetly told him they were from scratch and I thought they were delicious. He drove the point on home a couple of days later by saying in his sweet way, "Honey, I love you, but I don't like your chocolate chip cookies." Gotcha!!!! Loud and clear!!! I made a mental note right then and there to never fix him cookies again. But I had a major cookie-dough craving today and made some snickerdoodles. They turned out yummy! He even gave me the thumbs up while eating his 4th or 5th one. What a compliment from someone with such a highly refined and educated palette.

Comments