Skip to main content

Friends and Fire

Brad and I had some friends over tonight for a cook-out. It was super-fun. We have some great friends. Chris and Sarah brought their ADORABLE little girl, Charly. She is 1 but I have claimed her for my future daughter-in-law. She has the best personality. I've never seen the little darling not smiling. Let me tell you...whatever it is that Chris and Sarah are doing...I need to copy it...because they are doing it right. Chris, his twin brother Miah, and Brad have been friends for years and years.
Mark and Melinda also came. They are so funny and sweet. I just love being around them! They are both super-sporty like Brad. Melinda has had 4 children and has the body of an 18 year old cheerleader...I want to hate her for that but she is just so darn nice and likable. Seriously...it's not fair for someone to look that good period...much less with 4 KIDS! She and Mark just make me cheerful when I'm around them. They are so fun.

T-Berry was also here tonight. I will have to check with Brad on the spelling of that (I would ask him now but he is currently enjoying his muscle relaxer induced coma...I'm so jealous). I think his real name is Tyler but I've never actually heard anybody call him that. These gym people have all sorts of nick names for each other. Brad's is "Cupcake". Long story. Anyhow...back to T-Berry. Tonight was my first time to meet him and he is really nice. He and Brad became friends at the gym.

So Brad got these little lantern sort of thingys and put them in the back yard to keep the bugs away. What we didn't think about was that they are the exact height of Charly. She fell into one and singed off some of her darling baby hair. I could have died! Stupid dang flame-throwing lanterns! I'm still new at this mom gig. I'm not used to thinking ahead to the prevention of torching small children. Although...maybe that should just be natural. But seriously...if something doesn't come with a warning written on the package (like how they tell you not to put the plastic grocery sacks in a crib) I just don't think about it.

What a fun night. Friends are truly one of the Lord's sweetest blessings. (Especially when they don't sue you for catching their child on fire).

Comments