Skip to main content

Celebrating 40 Years

As always on Sunday afternoons, we went over to Mom and Dad's after church for Sunday lunch. Of course today was special because it was their 40th anniversary! We ate on their beautiful china that they picked out 40 years ago and we had the joy of looking at the slides from their honeymoon. It was such a treat! In my 31 years, this is the first time I have gotten to see these pictures. I wish I had some to show here but they are on slides. Mom is going to get them made into pictures for us. They looked so young and adorable.


What a blessing the Lord has given us in my parents and their 40 years of marriage. They are such an example and witness to us, and to so many others, of what the Lord can do when you focus first on Him and then on your spouse. It was clear in the pictures from their honeymoon how much dad adored mom. He took tons of pictures of her. She was (and still is) stunning. And I know they love each other even more now. They love each other more today than yesterday but less than tomorrow. While we were looking at the slides, I asked my dad if he felt like he was the luckiest man in the world. He said, "Absolutely! Still do." So sweet.


I hope that when Brad and I have been married for 40 years (good gosh I'll be old!) that we have the kind of marriage that my parents do. I hope that we are looking back at our honeymoon pictures with James and enjoying the sweet memories of 40 years.

Comments