Skip to main content

Little Boy Fun And More Shameless Begging

James, Jude and I went to Nana and Papa's today. Nana was making a delicious chocolate cake...such a perfectly Nana thing to do!  James was standing by to do the important job of licking the spatula for Nana.  He's so helpful.
He LOVES to play in Nana and Papa's backyard.  He always gets right to work first thing watering the trees and flowers for them.  He thinks it is his important job.  But the second his clothes get wet...off they come!  But it doesn't slow him down.
Then he blew some bubbles.
Did a little swinging with his good friend "Poo Boo".
Then he did a little flying.
Tonight I went to my first Relay For Life meeting.  It was bittersweet.  I was all pumped up to go and find out what all I can be doing to help our team meet our fundraising goals...but once I was there it was a big huge reminder of WHY I'm there.  That sounds stupid.  The thing is...it is easy to become very self-centered in all of this and become so consumed with OUR cancer battle...but there was a room full of people tonight who all have their own battle in one way or another.  Everyones wound seemed just as fresh and open as mine.

Anyways...if you would like to donate, please contact me or click on the link to our Relay page.  And thank you!  Fundraising is not something that is easy for me or that comes naturally to me.  In fact, I don't care for it at all.  But it has never been personal before.  Now it is.  And doing it in honor of Jude and my Dad makes me feel like there is SOMETHING I can do in the face of a situation that makes me feel so helpless.


Comments

Melinda said…
Hey sweet lady .. I want to join your time and help in your fight for your precious dad and sweet baby boy. I do not want to commit and then back out on you so ... Let me see how things go with these babies that were put in me and I will absolutely donate and hopefully come out and join you!! I can hit up RCSO for some money!! I will let you know and I will go to the site and get started as soon as I find out how these 2 embryos are doing in me!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
CWH inc said…
Way to go with your fundraising. Hope to get to talk to you soon and get to know you.