Skip to main content

Change Of Plans

I need some help.  James chooses to sleep on the floor.  For the past several nights I have been sneaking in after he is asleep to put him back in bed.  He prefers the floor.  What the heck.  He's like a little jungle boy...or something.
Ok, so we've had a change of plans.  James was scheduled for all of this tests tomorrow.  But both he and I have come down with something yucky.  I thought it was allergies because they cut down a cottonwood tree right behind us and I seriously thought I was going to die.  But he started running a low fever tonight so we will see what tomorrow brings.  Anyhow, we can't do the blood work and whatnot because we might get some false readings and then have to repeat them.  And I don't want to put him through that.  We will do it all once he is completely better.  However, we might have to go to the doctor tomorrow if he is not better and because Jude still isn't eating well.

Today was a discouraging day for a whole bunch of reasons that I won't bore you with.  I am desperately seeking the Lord's plan for us in all of this.  When it feels like things are chaotic and a big mess...what is it that He is wanting me to see or do?  I want to please Him.  I want to become more like Him in this.  But for reals yall, this is tough.  I don't want to look back and see that I missed an incredible opportunity to grow closer to Him and to grow in whatever ways He wants me to.  All I know to do is to trust Him one step at a time...one second at a time.

Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Psalm 56:3-When I am afraid, I will trust in You.

Comments

Jen said…
So sorry you and James aren't feeling well, Ritchie had something last week and now I am getting over it too. Praying that Jude will develop a healthy appetite and that yall will feeling better soon!
Unknown said…
I have come to accept that some of my many reasons for this are to: slow down, enjoy the present, love everyone unconditionally – just like God does us and exclaim my love and faith for and in Him – outwardly & publicly. All very simple things but reflecting back on my past 2 years, things I wasn’t doing ALL the time. Give yourself a break – you have more going on than you ever thought possible and you are doing wonderful. You are pleasing Him and making Him oh so very proud. We might never know our reasons for what is happening, but as long as we keep on loving Him and everyone around us – it might not matter.
Linda Bowers said…
Please know you are not alone! Much love and prayers are with all of you!! Call me anytime day or night!!!! I am always here for you!!!!
Thinking of you often and always with admiration and hope for your prayers to be answered!!
Linda