Skip to main content

I Know A Good Handyman

BSF this morning was just a blessing.  I needed it.  Mom kept the boys for me because Jamesie has had allergy problems and I didn't want to take him with a runny nose.  I don't like it when other mom's bring hacking, runny-nosed kids...ya just never know what's really going on behind all that snot and coughing.
When we got home Jude still wasn't drinking his bottle very well and I wanted to see what was going on because the doctor's office will be closed tomorrow for Easter.  Turns out he has an ear infection.  Bummer.  Sweet little guy wasn't even fussy.  I wouldn't have known anything was wrong if it hadn't been for his lazy appetite.  I pray he will get well quickly and have no yucky side effects from the antibiotics.  I will have to talk to Dr. Regueira to see if this will mess up his tests that are scheduled for Monday.  I pray not.

This morning I embarrassingly ran off at the mouth in my discussion group about all that is causing me stress right now...why can't I just shut my mouth and smile?!?!?  Ugh!  Anyways...one of the silly things I whined about was that our washer was broken.  Because everyone cares about the state of my washing machine.  Right?  Anyone?  Anyone?  No?  I had an appliance repairman come out to look at it and he told me it would cost $300 to fix it.  It's 6 years old and I just didn't have it in me to pay $300 to fix it.  So today...my AWESOME handy husband went to the parts store, bought the pump, and fixed it himself...ALL FOR ONLY $60!!!!!!!!!!! What's up!  Can I just tell you how this thrilled me?  A lot.  Not only because he saved a bunch of money but also because it's done and I can catch up on the laundry and not waste anymore time waiting on it to be repaired.  He's more than just a pretty face...he's handy too.

Later the repairman called back to see if we wanted him to come over with the part to fix the washer.  I told him no and that I would just pay the service fee because my hubby got the part from the parts store and fixed it himself thankyaverymuch.  He said, "Humph...I doubt it will work."  and I said, "Humph....well it did because I just did two loads of laundry."  So there.

Tomorrow...the A/C repairman and the exterminator come.  Unless Brad reveals some more skills that I didn't know he had.

Comments

bonnie said…
Haha! That's awesome. It's so nice having cute AND handy husbands!
Melinda said…
Sweet girl .. you have EVERY right to whine about what ever you want to whine about!! You deserve to vent and scream and stomp your feet!! You can come do that at my house if you want!! You have been such a strong awesome lady with all that has been thrown on your plate lately that a good ole temper tantrum just may help a girl out!!

ps. AWESOME Brad for being a handy man! I know who to call now!!