Skip to main content

I Hate Cancer

When we got the news today that Jude's cancer is stage 4s...I felt like I had the wind knocked out of me again. And although Dr. Regueira was saying "this is good news"...it was NOT the news I was expecting to hear. I was completely positive that it was going to be stage 1 and that I would joyfully be announcing that Jude is cancer free. That is why I was so caught off guard. So while I get that it is good news in the sense that we don't need chemo right now and it could be regular stage 4 and praise God it is not...as Jude's mom, it is not good news to me that he still has cancer and it is in his bone marrow. The cancer metastasized to his bone marrow. I am having trouble wrapping my mind around this. HOWEVER...I am resting in the fact that this has not taken the Lord by surprise. He still holds Jude in the palm of His mighty hand. Just wait...you will see the Lord do something spectacular with this! Even if it is just that He is helping to make us become more like Him through suffering...We will praise Him. He is too loving to ever do anything unkind. He has shown Himself in powerful ways through this situation and I know He is not done!

2 Corinthians 12:9-10-But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I got the phone call from Dr. Regueira this morning while I was at bible study. Two sweet friends were right there the second after I found out and prayed with Jude and I. What a blessing! The Lord puts the right people in the right place just when I need it. Isn't He so personal and kind!?! He has done this so many times over the past two weeks. We have found out that we have two neighbors on our street that are retired from pediatrics. Sweet friends pop up at the hospital just when I need them. People that were previously complete strangers to me have contacted me and been a great comfort as they have walked this same road. A long time friend dropped everything to drive into town to sit by my side at the hospital. Dr. Honey has spent countless hours on the phone reassuring me and answering questions. And the prayers!!!! Oh my word...that means the most! So thank you for praying and please continue to pray for Jude. He is such a trooper and to look at him you would never know he has cancer and just went through a major surgery 2 weeks ago today.

~~~~~

Jamesie got all cutie-pied up today for our return to BSF.
Later he watched his Daddy work out front. It was too windy for him to be out there so he and Puppy watched from inside.
Then tonight, Sara, my BSF discussion group leader, brought us a delicious dinner...complete with lots of fresh fruit which Jamesie LOVED!
Yummy!
Sigh...I wish I was posting different news tonight. Even though I'm not "yet I will hope in Him..." (Job 13:15)

Comments

Peanut said…
I know this is hard news for you to swallow but I am confident that he is God's hands as well. So what is the next step? Do you just wait now? I will continue to pray for Jude and your family and please let me know if there's anything I can do.
Celee said…
Praying for sweet, happy Jude!

Celee
Zakary said…
I am praying for your sweet family, really and truly.

XO-Z