Skip to main content

Pneumonia

Brad has pneumonia.  Awesome.  So we have exposed my entire family to pneumonia obviously including my father and Jude who both have cancer.  Not good.  Brad has been quarantined to the upstairs and James, Jude and I are taking the downstairs.  Brad went to the doctor first thing this morning and they did blood work and a chest x-ray and all sorts of stuff and they gave him the diagnosis as well as a shot of antibiotic and 2 prescriptions. 

Mom and I took James and Jude to see Dr. Honey this morning and both boys have a virus.  Jude got a steroid shot and gets some extra stuff in his breathing treatments and James will start getting breathing treatments every 4 hours as well as both boys taking a cough syrup/antihistamine. So let's see...Jude gets breathing treatments every 3 hours with an extra dose every 6 hours, James gets them every 4 hours, both boys get their medicine every 6 hours, Brad gets his medicines every 3 hours and every 6 hours.  Please Lord help me keep it straight.  I need a speadsheet.

Please be praying that this family will get well and stay well and that the boys and I...and the rest of my family that's been exposed...won't catch the pneumonia.  We can't repeat Jude's blood work or do James' until they are all well.

Comments

bonnie said…
So sorry to hear about your sick boys! We're still trying to get Emery well too...not fun. I do think you need a spreadsheet and maybe a clipboard to carry around so that you can check off everyone's treatments as you go! Sounds like you're going to be one busy woman for a while! Hang in there!