Skip to main content

Celebrating Brad

Today was a great birthday for Brad!  When we came downstairs James looked at the birthday banner and said, "Letters!  I show Puppy!"
Speaking of dogs...every time James mentions George I tell him that George had to go live somewhere else because he bit him.  So now James has started saying, "Judie Bug bit me.  I don't like Judie Bug."  I need to inform him that the same rules don't apply to his little brother.  We're keeping him.  Regardless of if he bites him or not.  (But for the record, Jude has not bitten him.  Yet.)
I have a feeling it won't be long though.
Anyways, we started out the day with breakfast with my parents at Brad's favorite breakfast place.  It was yummy but super crowded.  Plus Jude pooped and I had to take him to the teeny tiny bathroom that had NO changing table to change him.  I laid down a bunch of paper towels and laid him on the counter.  Jude did not love it.  Then a few minutes later I was lifting James out of the high chair and set him down and smacked his front teeth into my chair.  He then let out one of those ear-piercing screams to alert the ENTIRE restaurant to what a not awesome mom I am.  He bled and everything.  I felt awful.  Poor baby.  You've gotta be tough to be one of my kids.

Tonight we dropped the boys off at Mom and Dad's and we went to dinner at El Tejevan (YUM!), dessert and coffee at Olive Garden, then to a movie.  This was the first date we've been on since Jude was diagnosed.  It was so nice to get to catch up with each other without telling someone to finish their chicken nuggets or wipe up spit-up.
James totally photo bombed this picture.  But I'm glad he did.

The boys had so much fun with Nana and Papa.  James swam...and had the diaper to prove it.
Jude couldn't even stay awake through his bottle.  He was so tired.
And he doesn't even know that I would pay good money to have him fall asleep on my shoulder.  He is not a cuddle bunny.  So I took total advantage of his exhaustion.
Brad said he had a great birthday and I am glad.  He certainly deserves it!  Plus, we have two more days of celebrating ahead!  We are all for stretching out the celebrating as much as possible around here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That sounds like a great birthday, minus the whole bloody scene in the restaurant. :o) Have fun celebrating today and tomorrow, too! :o) Happy memorial day!