Skip to main content

His Grace IS Sufficient

Ok...so we made it through the day...pneumonia, breathing treatments, medicine and all. 
I am going to get some sleep tonight because let's face it...coffee can only do so much.  And I have a long night ahead of me.  Just so you know what a gigantic DORK I am, I started wearing these whenever I take something up to Brad.  He laughed at first but I don't care...I don't want his crud.  I feel all nursy and stuff.  Maybe tomorrow I'll carry James' toy stethoscope around my neck.
I moved the play pen downstairs to make Jude a little more comfortable in our new digs.  He was glad.
Then he started trying to open the drawers with his monkey toes.
I was talking with my Mom tonight and she reminded me of Dr. Helen Roseveare, she was a missionary to the Congo from 1953-1973.  Several years ago I lost twin daughters.  During that time, my Dad gave me a tape of a talk she gave titled "Suffering".  I had just thought of it the other day and by the grace of God was able to find it.  I planned on listening to it when I found the time.  After my Mom mentioning her tonight, I listened to it and I am so glad I did.  I want to leave you with a quote from her message.

"Thank You God for trusting me with this experience-even if You never tell me why.  I cease to ask the question "why"-Instead I want just to accept every experience from His nail-pierced hands, and know that in His love He can never do me ill and His grace IS always sufficient." Dr. Helen Roseveare

2 Corinthians 12:9-But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power my rest on me.

Comments

Unknown said…
I hope he feels better! But I'm stopping by to tell you I've awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award, so I hope you can stop by and pick it up! I love your blog!

http://blissfullydomesticated.blogspot.com/
Megan said…
Hey Steph, your doing great, hang in there, I know it is tough,this too shall pass. I'm curious to know what Judes urine showed and is Dr. Regueria set on just watching and waiting, when are the next set of tests. We really need to get together sometime. Email me sometime if you have time. megncrawford@yahoo.com. Love ya girl, my prayers are with you all. Megan(Mav's mommy)