Skip to main content

Kicked In The Gut

Brad went back to work today so I am down to just two patients.  I hope George doesn't get sick.  I don't know if I could handle that.  (Maybe I shouldn't have fed him ham scraps tonight????)

Today we got a pick-me-up package in the mail from my sister!  It had this sticker book in it for James and he died and went to heaven.  He loves stickers.  (It also had lots of chocolate, Little Debbie Fudge Rounds and Milano cookies in it for me and Brad because chocolate goes a long ways towards fixing things in my world.  And for reals...what is not to love about fudge rounds????)
James also loves kitty cats and would you believe that there was even a kitty cat card for him!?!?!  What an auntie!  He "read" the card over and over.  AND...it came with a bookmark that you can detach but he was having none of it.  He wanted it to stay in place.
Jude got a toy cell phone that James promptly lifted....and Jude did this...
Speaking of Judie Bug...now that he has all that extra space in his belly I'm working hard to keep it filled up.  He even eats when he's asleep.
And he gets ANGRY when I don't shovel it in there fast enough...especially his squash.
Jamesie is getting a little bit tired of all the videos I think.
 ~~~~~
Today was a good day...much better than last Monday.  And oh my goodness do I ever love The Messages version of this verse...

Psalm 34:17-Is anyone crying for help?  God is listening, ready to rescue you.  If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, He'll help you catch your breath. 

The NIV version says that "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit..." and last week we felt brokenhearted, crushed in spirit and kicked in the gut all at once.  But the Lord never lies...His Word is always true and trustworthy...He was close to us, He saved us, and He has helped us catch our breath.  Thank You again and again Lord.

Comments