Skip to main content

Summer Fun

Tomorrow is the Relay.  I have mixed emotions about it.  Excitement, sadness, anxiety, pride.  I'm very proud of our team.  We held the first place spot for several weeks and were only beat out by Valero this week....and only by $80 (last time I checked).  I'm proud of us.  For a small team and it being our first year...we held our own and are only second place to a big company!  Pretty good.  But it's not over till it's over.  If you would like to donate, click here.  We will also be selling some baked goods at the Relay and can still raise money up until the end.
 
The boys and I went over to Mom's this morning.  They got in a little time with Aunt Christi and Nana while waiting for Brock and Grant to get back from their other grandparents house.
Just...

A...

Swingin'

Jude too

Nana's boy

Examining his roly poly

Snuggling with Aunt Christi
Finally the boys got back.  James lights up as soon as he sees them! 
Pure joy


Do they make swim trunk belts?

So much fun

So much laughter

Grant is so sweet with James

Still for a split second

Grant and Jude

Judie Bug had fun too

He loves the attention

Sweet Aunt Christi reading to James
James worked on some art projects while I baked cupcakes for the Relay tomorrow.
So much fun in one day leads to this....falling asleep on top of Puppy and the wrong way in bed.  Whew!  Being a busy boy is exhausting.
Judie Bug got a bath and decided he wants to be a swimmer like his Daddy.  He was all over the place in that tub.

I got a call from the oncologist today and our appointments have been scheduled for next week.  His CT will be on Tuesday and his MIBG scans will be on Wednesday and Thursday.  We are praying that the testing goes smoothly and with wonderful results.  I feel like I've already started holding my breath.  I hope this gets easier.

Comments

Erin said…
Does it get really cold there at night? It is so funny for me to see James outside in swim trunks and then sleeping in a sleeper! We're lucky if it's below 75 at night...and it's been close to 100 during the day. We won't need long sleeved pjs until October.

(I know I always ask weird climate questions, but I can't help it, I'm a dork!)
Melinda said…
Stephanie ... Can I tell you just how much I love you??!! I laugh, I cry, I ache and I pray with each of your posts. You are truly a woman that I adore and one that I know is just AMAZING! I love the hiney pictures of those boys!! haha .. I have a pic of all 3 of mine's hineys from the tallest to the smallest and I just LOVE that picture.

I wanted to do the walk but of course my work schedule doesn't allow me to do cool things like that. I am so proud of you for telling Jude's story!! It is one that you will tell over and over and one that will be written in many books because that baby has you and Brad as parents and he is a SURVIVOR!! And that ... is an amazing story!

We still need to sit down and talk!! I want to hear all about your days lately although I can imagine just how busy they are with those handsome boys!! I am thinking a pedi is in SERIOUS order!! I am in DESPERATE need!!

Love you so much and I think about you so often!! I pray that you are doing well.