Skip to main content

A Long Day And A Big Boat

This morning Jude started running a fever which is not surprising since James is sick and I felt yucky a few days ago.  But it is always a big deal when Jude gets sick.  So I took him to see Dr. Honey and then we went up to the hospital to do blood and urine labs because his breath smelled like acetone.  Thankfully, all of his levels were normal and he just caught James' cold.  It was a long hard day on all three of us.  James and Jude didn't get their naps, their meals were all thrown off, I dragged them grocery shopping with me when they were hungry and tired...and I stupidly wore heels today.  What was I thinking!?!?  When we got home, I put the boys down for a quick nap before dinner, brought the groceries in, closed all the curtains, put my pj's on, pulled my hair back, and sat and talked on the phone to my sisters for about an hour.

I woke James up around 5 to eat dinner.  He was so tired!
He was such a trooper today.  He didn't complain one time and was such a good boy.  When we were rushing to go to Dr. Honey's this morning, I had gotten both boys and all of our stuff loaded and was pulling out of the garage and James yelled, "I FORGOT MY HONEY BAG!!!!!!"  He has a doctor kit that he takes to all of our appointments that he calls his "Honey bag".  So I pulled back in to get it.  Heaven forbid he be unprepared without his otoscope and stethoscope.  Dr. Honey even had him assist today during Jude's exam.

So I have been at a doctor's office every day this week and at the hospital once.  In total we have had 4 vials of blood drawn, two urine labs, 5 band aids, 2 prescriptions, and  one call to the oncologist.  I should've gone into the medical field. 

During tonight's Bible story I asked James the questions at the end.  Tonight it was about Noah.  When I asked him why God had Noah build a big boat he said, "Because big boats stay dry."  I won't tell him about the Titanic.

I just went in to check on Jamesie and found him asleep with Puppy on his tummy.  That is one sleepy boy!  I love him so much!

Comments