Skip to main content

Happy 42nd Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!  I love you so much!

~~~~~
Jude had his CT scan this morning.  The scan was clear except for two enlarged lymph nodes that the radiologist pointed out.  One inguinal and one axillary.  Dr. Regueira will check them on Monday.  So tomorrow we start the MIBG scans.  These scans will light up any areas of neuroblastoma.

Jude is allergic to the iodine in the contrast that he is given for these scans.  Today he almost immediately broke out in a rash.  I gave him benadryl and he has been fine since.  I am praying tomorrows reaction isn't worse as he gets more in his system.

He was sweet and happy when we got home today.
But tonight...watch out.  Cranky does not even seem to adequately describe him.
Offended?  Resentful?
Furious?  Incensed?
Arch-your-back-and-throw-yourself-on-the-floor-irate?
It's ok.  I don't blame him.  I would be too.  I don't think it helped him any that I was laughing at him and taking pictures.  I can't help it.  I just think it is so funny and cute.

Thank you for your prayers for today and also for the next two days of scans.  I will let you know how it goes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am soo glad you updpated. I have been gone most of the day but thought about ya'll. Isn't it funny?? I just kinda sorta met you (through a blog, no less) and this crazy TN girl is thinking about ya.
Anyway... the pics are too cute. His face gets red, huh???

((hugs)) for tomorrow!
bonnie said…
Poor baby and mommy! I hope he sleeps well tonight! Good luck tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing more good news.
James Pridmore said…
As you know I have been through all of these tests and a few others many times in the last six years. CTs, MIBGs, Octreascans & MRIs. I see them now with a much different view, as they are now being done on my loved one. I will be doing them again in a few months myself. What comes to mind is I have been very narrow minded and self absorbed during all of them up until now. I now see what they do to my wife, family and friends.
I don't have an answer right now that will make it all better. I know only what God has laid on my heart for me to have as a comfort during this time of Judes tests. It will be different for you as his mom. I will say that your mom, my wife, my closest friend, has gone through this many times over. She has walked close beside me through the many tests, exams and discussions. She knows what you feel and think at this time, as you wait for the tests to be run and the results to be explained. Then she knows that there will be more tests to come and more waiting and more praying for God's healing hands to work out a better outcome. Your mom's understanding, wisdom and peace are yours for the asking. She and I have not discussed this, but I know she will always be there for you, because she has always been there for me. With all my love and prayers. Dad <><
Melinda said…
Prayers for you, Brad and Jude tomorrow ... Prayers for peace tonight so that you can sleep and he can rest. No words can EVER make this better and I sure don't know how you feel. I will pray for you and I will keep your close to my heart .... Lots of love to you!