Skip to main content

A Much Better Day

Don't you love the first day of feeling good after being really sick?  It is like you have a whole new zest for life...or something like that.  The boys all seemed great today!  Jude had a small little relapse that involved some vomiting and a bad attitude but I think he was just tired.  That boy loves to sleep.  I am mostly back to normal...a little bit of a sore throat and temp but other than that...so much better than yesterday.  This is what I did yesterday...all day long...
...laid in bed.  James came to keep me company for a couple of hours.  I bribed him with watching Bob The Builder and playing the Thomas game on my phone.  It worked.

My wonderful Mom and Mother-in-law brought us lunch and dinner!  Delish!  What a blessing!

Brad was AH. MAZING.  He took care of me and the boys all day.  I didn't do a single thing but lay in bed and call him on the phone to bring me stuff.  I started to get up to do something and he insisted that I lay back down.  So sweet!  When he came to bed last night he said he was exhausted.  It's hard to be the Mom.  He is so precious to always acknowledge how hard (and important) it is to be a stay-at-home-mommy.  But I think he was ready to relinquish some of my duties back to me today.

Tonight Jamesie and I got out to run to the grocery store...but first we had to stop by Nana's.  We were having some withdrawals.  We went on a walk around the block with the wagon.  James decided he would like to start collecting acorns.  We made it back to Nana's with a wagon-full.  We found one spot that had several acorns and he exclaimed, "HOLY MACK-REE-ALL" instead of mackerel.  Truly a southern boy.

He also found the neighborhood kitty that he loves so much.  And I think the feeling is mutual.  We told him to just go sit down and hold his hands out for the kitty to come to him.
At one point he walked out into the street and we had to have a discussion.
In Dr. Dobson's book Bringing Up Boys there is a part about communicating with your son and the importance of physical contact to get their attention.  It works.
 
 
James is such a sweet boy and so easily correctable. He listens and wants to please. He is an absolute blessing. I never have to be harsh or too stern with him. In fact...raising my voice or speaking harshly does just the opposite with him. He doesn't care for it at all. I am the same way. There is a verse about that. It just came to me! I never realized how well this describes Jamesie. Proverbs 15:1-A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

I am so thankful that we are all so much better. I was scared for Jude for a couple of days. I need to remember how resilient that little boy is! He is a fighter! Tomorrow is our appointment with the oncologist and I have several things I am going to try to pin him down on and get settled. This is hard for us because we don't communicate well with each other. I love him to death but we just do not communicate well. Then Wednesday is Jude's day to start all of his scans at the hospital. NOT looking forward to it.

Please pray with us for a good appointment and clear scans for Jude!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Besides the whole being sick part, laying in the bed all day sounds REALLY nice. *Almost* worth getting sick for! ;o) So glad ya'll are feeling better now!

BTW - I think it's awesome that you've learned that physical contact is what keeps James' attention on you. I never would have thought of that!!!
bonnie said…
Oh no! Just got caught up on your last couple of posts...you poor thing. We'll be praying everything goes smoothly this week with Jude's scans!