Skip to main content

A Tragedy

My Aunt Mary made this blankie for Judie Bug when he was born.  It's been with him ever since.  It is his very favorite.  He laces his fingers through it and wraps it around him when he sleeps.  He drags it everywhere with him. 
Most importantly...it was with him through his very toughest days.  When he was in the hospital I could just put it up to his face and it helped calm him down.
Thursday when it snowed he dropped it in a big snowy wet puddle.  I washed it and pulled it out of the dryer and discovered this!!!!  I have NO idea how this happened!!!
Tears actually came to my eyes.  I don't want it to unravel.  For now I am letting him use his brother's but he knows it is not the same.  There is nothing like the original.  It's his favorite.  I need to ask my Aunt Mary what I should do to fix it or keep it from getting worse.

Comments