Skip to main content

Prayers

It comes as no surprise that our oncologists' nurse has once again screwed up things for our scans tomorrow.  The scans were supposed to be ordered with sedation and she ordered them without sedation.  Jude is already a month late because she also failed to order the scans on time.  So they are going to try to get a 1 year old who has not been able to eat for 6 hours to lay still for a head, chest, and abdomen CT as well as an MIBG scan.  RIGHT!  I have fought with our oncologist all afternoon over this...mostly over the utter incompetence of his nurse and I have done nothing but waste my breath.

Everyone was right and I was wrong.  We should have gone to Dallas for all of this.  I am to blame for that bad decision and now Jude is the one that is going to have to pay for it.  He will have to endure the pain of all of the iv's as well as being terrified of being in the machines as well as being terrified of being strapped down.

I'm very angry and I need to pray about my attitude.  I will deal with that later.  Right now I just want prayer for Jude for tomorrow.  I don't want him to be scared or in pain.  And if by some miracle they can get him to be still enough to get these scans I will be so grateful.

We go in at 10 tomorrow morning and will be there all day and again on Thursday.

Comments

Sarah Hammer said…
Father already knew what your choices would be. He knew your options, and He knew what direction you would go. He knows what you need to get through tomorrow. He knows, He knows, He knows. Just keep that in mind. It may seem like the wrong choice now, but you never know the bigger picture of the situation. I fully believe He allowed it to happen the way it did for a specific purpose. He holds little Jude in His hand. He has proven Himself so faithful in this situation, and I believe when tomorrow is over with, no matter what happens, God will still get glory from your day. Love you, and will be praying for your peace and wisdom.
Kristie Mann said…
Before you were born, God know your plan, for you are a child of God. There is no way you would be on this very road at this very time, if it hadn't been devinely planned for you. You are strong, and able you will do fine.

The Valued Friend
"Two are better than one,
Because they have good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion
but woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up.
Again, if two lie down together they will keep warm
But how can one be warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

I believe this passage covers marriage, freindships, families....but the way I believe in it most it is my relationship with God that I am truly never alone!!! Stephanie, you have amazing strength, your love for God and your son will get you through this. Know you are in my prayers...EXTRA for the next few days! K.Mann
Steph said…
Oh sweetie. I have been without internet for a while and just caught up on your posts.... this is terrible! All of it! You have every right to be angry and mad and frustrated. For whatever reason, this is a road you must go down so God's plan for you and your family can be fully revealed! That doesn't mean you have to like it though!!!! Know that I am keeping you, your fam and esp. Jude in my prayers....always!
Jodie said…
I'm praying for You, Jude, and the rest of your family.