Skip to main content

Jamesie Eve

Ok, so seriously, I had no idea how much of my blogging time BSF was going to cut into.  I love it though.  It is such a challenge...and exhausting...but I feel like it is something the Lord has called me to do and each week, as He enables me, I am so grateful that I get to be a part of.  It is something that is so totally out of my comfort zone and what I feel like my abilities are, that I know it is Him.  It is such a privilege to get to sit with these other women once a week and then to get to teach these precious children.  I'm thankful.  However, it is far more difficult than I had anticipated.  It is stretching me, and that is good.

Something that I had not expected was what I would learn about my own children through this...particularly James.  It is one thing to just drop your child off at the door and go on to your own class.  But to be in the class with him and see how he interacts with other children and adults...it's interesting.  Observing him, as well as other children and how they act, has caused me to think about my own parenting skills...for better and for worse.

I REALLY do not consider myself a "people person"...much less a "kid person".  But the Lord must have plans of changing that because I keep finding myself in situations where I am working with kids.  What's that all about?!?!  I was asked to volunteer at the church in the children's program.  That is all good and fine as long as James doesn't see me.  If he does, it's all over.  Tonight I was helping in the 5 year old class.  All of the children come together for one part of the night in the Clubhouse where they sing songs and have a short video and prayer.  That is when the party was over.  James spotted me and was not happy unless he was sitting in my lap.

And that is when it hit me.  While my sweet little boy was sitting there in my lap with all of the other kids around...I was thinking about that this is the last day that he is 2.  He turns 3 tomorrow.  3 seems so big.  More big boy than baby.  3 years ago tonight Brad and I were making laps around the block...we would stop while I had a contraction...then keep walking.  The last night of our life as just a couple.  The last night of our life without the greatest joy we've ever known.  Everything was about to change for the better.

Comments

Celee said…
Lucie is the same way! I've been skipping music at CBS because I haven't wanted her to see me. I THINK we've turned a corner and that she's going to make it without crying. I HOPE. And yes, 3 does seem so big. I asked Lucie if she was big enough to sleep in her own bed now and she said she was going to sleep with me until she turned 5.

Celee
Anonymous said…
What a precious memory! Kind of makes me wish Cory and I had had a chance in our marriage to just be a couple w/o kids. That's a special time!

I think what you're doing with the kids is great, too. I also don't really think of myself as a "kid" person. I'm fine with anyone over the age of 15, but I get nervous when kids are involved. ;o) You're going to do just fine though!