Skip to main content

Cheese

I don't consider myself someone worthy of handing out parenting advice by any stretch of the imagination. But here...just this once...let me give you one little nugget of wisdom. Never...ever...teach your child to say "cheese" to get a picture.

Me: "James, smile for me so I can get a picture of you in your froggy towel."
James: disinterest.
Me: "Please James. Just one picture."
James: "CHEEEEEESE!" (begrudgingly)
Me: "No James. Don't say cheese. And don't spaz out like that. Just smile. Please."
James: "Cheese!" (Through clinched teeth and somewhat annoyed sounding...neck veins bulging)
Me: "James, for reals. Just do it right. Don't say cheese."
James: "cheese"
Me: "That was lame. I can tell you totally didn't mean it. JUST DO IT RIGHT AND DON'T SAY CHEESE!!!!" (angry voice) (that always makes a kid want to smile, right?)
James: sweet smile.
 
THANK YOU! How hard was that?!?!

Then I caught him checking himself out in all of his froggy awesomeness.
An update on Jude:
His temp has stayed pretty high all day. It broke temporarily before lunch but has gone back up. I'm concerned he is not getting better. I think the shot should have worked by now. Unless he has no temp in the morning I am afraid labs are in our future.

Also...I have developed a nice sore red throat myself. WHY...oh why...aren't Mommies immune from all illnesses? There is a serious glitch in the system if you ask me. So I will be calling my doc first thing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hahahaha...I love the picture progression with James! That's hilarious!!! :o)

Hope ya'll start feeling better ASAP! I agree, mommies should be immune to any and all diseases. It's only fair. :o)