Skip to main content

3's

I hear that bad things happen in 3's.  If that's the case, we are wracking up some serious good ahead because we passed 3 a long time ago.  After all of the sickness and yuckiness we've been passing around, I managed to come up with a whole new breed of sickness late Thursday night.  I had gone to bed early and woke up around 11 with some major pain...all over...from head to toe.  I had a 101.4 fever...chills, hot, chills, hot.  I didn't sleep much at all that night.  I texted my Mom as early as I thought I could and told her I was going to need her help AGAIN.  (Seriously...what would I do without my Mom???)  I couldn't get into the doc until 11:15 which seemed like FOR. EVER. Once I got there I waited in the waiting room for another forever.  I was in so much pain that when the nurse came to get me I just handed her the list of symptoms and started crying my eyes out.  Come to find out that high temperature, bone pain, back pain, headache, nausea, dizziness, weakness, sore throat, racing heart and an all-over ache can be signs that you have a kidney infection.  Who knew?!  So the doc took me off my antibiotic and put me on another one which is doing a great job.  She also is doing some labs for some other weirdo things but I will spare you the details.

So Brad got stuck with another weekend of Daddy duty.  He's a saint.  I am no easy patient.  But I have a little hint for him...piling the laundry at the end of the bed right in my line of vision does not entice me to feel better and get out of bed.
I say "no thank you" to this
James has seen me with this ice bag on my head for the past 2 days and tonight he crawled up in bed with me and asked me if my hair hurt.  Sure, why not?  Everything else does.  Then he kissed my head and put the ice bag on it.  So sweet.
His face makes me feel better
Brad gave the boys baths and then lifted up this clean little cutie to show me.
Jude loves rubber duckies and I need better glass cleaner
Tonight after the boys were in bed, Brad ran out to get us dinner and came back with dinner and a chiminea!  I was so nice to sit outside and talk by the fire after a long bad day.
Then Brad got Judie Bug up for his late bottle.  That little guy was tired, tired, tired.
 
 
 
I guess he had too much fun playing today with his Dad and big bro.

This morning I thought that what I felt like must feel like what it feels like to die.  That is how bad I felt.  I am feeling a lot better than that now.  I told Brad that I might even shower tomorrow!  That is progress.  I think he's glad.

I just want this family to be well...for an extended period of time.  When I was sitting outside tonight with Brad by the little fire, I said, "this sure has been a rough year."  He reminded me that is has also been a really great year!  We have so much to be thankful for.  I guess the rough times are what make all the awesomeness more awesome.  And makes us more grateful for all the good.  And more capable of learning and growing from the bad.  I hope.
"Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" Job 2:10b
"How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me?" Psalm 116:12

Comments

bonnie said…
You poor thing! Thank goodness for your mom and sweet husband! I hope your feeling much better today and everyone is well for pictures next weekend! ;)
apryl said…
I totally hear ya steph...I could NOT make it without my momma. Sorry to hear ya'll have had such a ruff few weeks. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!
Anonymous said…
Your family really knows how to stick together. It seems like when one is down, the rest band together to get the job done. And YES, you are VERY lucky that your mom lives nearby!!! For Lexie's first four years, we lived about 15 minutes from my parents. I don't think i could have done it without her!!!
Steph said…
I am so sorry you are sick. Kidney infections are THE WORST! Praying for a speedy recovery (and no laundry to do)