Skip to main content

Results

After two very brief, unfriendly conversations with the oncologists nurse I finally managed to talk her into giving me Jude's HVA/VMA levels for this month.  And today she actually hung up the phone on me.  I mean...for reals...she hung up on me.  Rude.  BUT...the bottom line is that both level are within the normal range and both levels have gone down!  Thank You Lord! 
Tomorrow Jude has 3 shots, all of his blood labs, and his bone scans that require an IV.  Please be praying with us that things go smoothly and quickly and that they get the IV in THE FIRST TIME.

Also...I finally made the call today to start working towards getting Jude back into the Dallas oncologist.  I am praying that it is a smooth transition and that all of the details are easily worked out so that we don't have to see Dr. R or his nurse again.  It finally hit me today.  The way that his nurse gets away with acting as awful as she does is because this is the only pediatric oncologist in Amarillo.  We have no choice but to see her if we want to stay in Amarillo for Jude's care.  So she can get away with acting as ugly as she does and no one can do a thing about it.  What goes around comes around.  I'm just sayin.  But come on...how does she sleep at night after being so ugly to a mother whose son has cancer?  And I'm not the only one she treats this way.  People talk.  Especially cancer mommies.

I can fuss and complain and be ugly right back but that doesn't do anyone any good and it doesn't please the Lord.  This is happening for a reason and maybe the reason is to get us to a more capable doctor for Jude.  So I can thank Him in advance for the outcome.

Comments

Peanut said…
I'm glad you're feeling confident in your decision to go to Dallas. Will it be the same doctor you saw earlier in the year or a different one? I pray for you and your family often. You are such a great and precious mommy!
bonnie said…
That's so ridiculous. I hope you can get everything worked out with the Dallas doctor. If not, Dr. Thompson would love y'all! ;) glad to hear you got good results and we'll be praying for a good day tomorrow.
Jodie said…
I'm so glad that ya'll heard good results!! I pray for your family daily! *hugs*