Skip to main content

Day 2 Of Scans

Today we went back to the hospital for Jude's 2nd MIBG.  On the way I realized that they never drew his labs while they had his IV in yesterday...you know...after the 2 hours of torture they put him through.  This made me physically sick because I could not stand the thought of him going through that again.  Luckily, Kristy, the sweet girl that does his scans suggested that we just wait and do them next week when he does his bone scans because he will have to get an IV for that too.  I am glad she thought of it.

We got him strapped down to the board and ready for the scan.  He did not love it.
Brad had to hold his hands over his head because he would wiggle out of the straps.  He also has learned that if he kicks the camera above him it stops the scan.  So they tried to tie his feet down and that didn't work so they had to have someone come in and hold them down.  Poor baby.  We tired to get his favorite blankie as close to him as we could and I played videos for him on my phone.

As soon as Brad could snatch him out of there he did.  Judie Bug loves his sweet Daddy.
He was worn out from all the fighting and crying he had done.  But thankfully they got the pictures they needed.  Although I have no idea how with as much as he was moving.

I hope that we don't have to do a single thing tomorrow!  I just want to stay home and let the boys play and have fun.  I even cancelled 2 doctors appointments for tomorrow.  One for me and one for the boys to get their flu shots and 2 immunizations for Jude.  I just can't do it to him this week.  Enough is enough.

Thank you so much for your prayers for Jude.  I know how blessed I am to have such faithful family and friends to lift us in prayer during these difficult times.  The comments you have left on my blog or facebook really do mean the world to me.  It is such and encouragement and blessing to read your sweet words.  I go back and read them again and again.  Thank you and I love you!

Comments

Amber Heath said…
Steph, You are just such an amazing inspiration to me. Your faith in the Lord always shines no matter how dark the situation may be. If only we could all be more like you!! I hope that you guys have a wonderful, restful, day tomorrow & know that we are thinking of you always!! We love y'all so much!!
In him, Amber~Miah & the girls
Mark Fannin said…
Continuing to pray for Jude and all your family. Praying for God's peace through it all too.

Mark Fannin