Skip to main content

Two Steps Forward...

And three steps back.  It feels that way anyways.  I thought we had all officially turned the corner and were well on our way to recovery when Jude's oncologist noticed a rash on him yesterday that I had just written off as a heat rash or something insignificant.  He took pictures of it and sent it to Dr. Honey.  She called me last night and told me it was probably roseola.  But not before I had taken Jude over to Mom and Dad's and exposed them to whatever it is he has.  I knew better!  I should listen to my instincts every now and then.  Here is a picture of Jude getting his germs all over Papa.
There is a possibility that it is an allergic reaction to the medicine he is on.  We are waiting to see if that is the case or not.  More than likely, not.
I have no reason to post this picture besides that it just cracks me up. 
I have made it 33 years without needing glasses (except for one short little stint in high school which was really more cosmetic than visual, I think).  But the time has come.  I'm getting old. 
I am kind of amazed at how much I wasn't seeing.

Tomorrow is the big day...well...the first big day.  I will be taking Jude to the hospital at 10 for his scans.  He will be sedated at 10:30 then have his head, chest and abdomen CT tomorrow.  Next Wednesday will be his head and full body scan, and MIBG scan.  Yesterday we did his labs and will get the results back probably by Friday.

Comments

Kristi Kelly said…
First, you look super cute in your glasses....Second, I am praying you all feel better soon....Finally, I am praying for sweet Jude's scans to be perfect!! Love you friend:)