Skip to main content

Update On Judie Bug

Jude's day got off to a rough start.  He had a fever most of the night and had a lot of pain for the first half of the day.
I made him snuggle with me anyways.
(Thank you Lord Jesus that the tiny baby bed did not collapse).
But the GREAT news is that he got his NG tube out today!!!  Thank you Lord!  He was a much more cheerful little man after that!
He had some very special visitors today too.  Dr. Honey and her two beautiful girls.  We have Dr. Honey to thank for being so diligent and thorough and finding that bad ol tumor.  She's our angel!
After having his NG tube removed he got to have some pedialyte.  But he didn't like the bottle.  He wanted the ones from home that he is used to.
So I ran home to get him one.  That did the trick!
It felt so good to feed him again...even if it was just pedialyte.

The next great news was that we got to move out of the PICU!  YAHOO!  And what's even better than that is that we got a room that is about 10 times the size of our PICU room.  (I think I know who to thank for that!)  Last picture in the PICU.  We're never going back!  Except maybe to say goodbye to our sweet nurses.
I think we will all 3 rest better tonight...especially since we all have our own beds and no one is sleeping in a recliner.  I know this little man is resting better with most of his yucky tubes gone.  Only one left!
I had to run home tonight to get some clothes and on my way I stopped by to say goodnight to my little Jamesie.  It is hurting my heart to be away from him so much.  I crawled into bed with him and could've just eaten him up with a spoon.  I love my little boy.
I was able to feed Jude his first milk bottle just now.  So far so good.  We are just going to wait to see how he tolerates it and for his little belly to start pushing it on through.  We are still on track to have his head CT Monday and MIBG on Wednesday. 

Even though it has only been since Wednesday that we found out Jude has cancer...it seems like it has been a lifetime.  I am so thankful to be on this side of it though.  I was telling my sister that I felt like I had to wait on strength from the Lord when we found all of this out.  But I knew it would come.  He has promised us that He will provide strength.  And He did.  I don't know what lies ahead and I can't promise that my first reaction will be one of strength...but I can trust Him to provide our needs.  Even if it is just minute by minute...He will meet us there.

Psalm 28:7-The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.



Psalm 94:18-19-When I said, "My foot is slipping," you, O Lord, supported me.  When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul.


Romans 8:26-In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

Comments

apryl said…
I'm so glad you are able to keep us up to date! I hope it is some sort of stress relief in all of this! Praying for your family every single day...The Mendoza's