Skip to main content

Jude

Today was sweet little Jude's 6 month well-check.  It didn't go so well.  I have hesitated to post anything about this yet but figure all the prayers we can get will be greatly appreciated.  As Dr. Honey was doing his exam she spent a lot of time pushing on his cute little belly. 

Finally she told me that he has an enlarged liver and that we need to get a sonogram of it to make sure nothing is wrong.  She wouldn't tell me what it could be so that I wouldn't be worried...but that only worried me more and caused my mind to wander to the worst case scenario.  I was also advised not to look anything up on the computer.  Which was the first thing I did when I got home.  When you are not given any information, of course you are going to look it up.  BUT...a wise friend, Judy, who has been through a lot of medical stuff with her sweet son told me one time that 70% of what you read on the internet is false.  This comforts me. 

Another very precious friend, Lindsay, asked the opinion of the CMO at the hospital where she works and he said that it could just be because Jude is thin.  This was a HUGH comfort to me and I am sure that is what it is!  Both of my boys...and their Daddy...are all super thin and tall. 

But most of all, I am once again clinging to the fact that Jude belongs to JESUS!  He knows the number of Jude's days (Job 14:5).  This comforts me because it reminds me that no matter how I worry or fret, it will not add one day to Jude's life...the Lord has already determined when it will end.  Jude's life is in the Lord's hands.  He is in control of what happens to my boys.  And there are no better hands to be in!  It is scary when things threaten our peace and security...or the health of our children...but I am SO thankful that the Lord blessed me with these sweet little ones.  What a joy and a blessing they are! 

Jude's sonogram will be at 12:30 tomorrow afternoon.  I am already thanking the Lord for Jude's complete health and a great report!  Thank you for praying along with us.

Comments

Kristi Kelly said…
You've got my prayers sweet friend!!! Love you and be sure to update!!!
Melinda said…
prayers for you sweet lady! Please let us know!
kellieharrison said…
Of course I will pray for your sweet boy!!! Please keep us updated!!!

Kellie
apryl said…
Praying for you all....DON'T GET ON THE INTERNET!! it will only scare you needlessly. Don't worry whatever it is we will just fix it right! Sometimes in the medical field we just have to rule stuff out to be on the safe side
Cheryl said…
so honored to pray for Jude, you and his daddy. May God bless and keep you all and give you peace.
Jen said…
Praying for that sweet boy! Please keep us posted!