Skip to main content

Tuesday Update

Today was our first appointment with Dr. Regueria.  I was concerned because it seemed awfully quick for our first appointment and it has been our experience that they bring you into the office to give you the bad news.  But in a brave attempt to be positive I didn't even wear waterproof mascara.  That's progress yall!

We got there and Dr. Regueria seemed confused as to why we were there.  Finally he said, "why are you here???"  We told him when we were discharged from the hospital they told us to call for an appointment and the receptionist asked us to come in today at 2:00.  But even though it was an unnecessary visit he checked out Jude's incision, gave us a schedule of our visits, scans, x-rays, blood work, bone scans, CTs, and MRIs for the next three years.  I was totally overwhelmed.  BUT...he also told us that he got one of the tests back and it was good!!!!  Jude was so excited he chewed on his toes.
Dr. Regueria also mentioned again to us and to the med student following him around what an amazing find it was on Dr. Honey's part that she found this tumor!  Praise God again and again!  He said that even when Jude was sedated for surgery he had trouble feeling it.

When we got home from out appointment, I got a call from the hospital and the contrast that they need to inject into Jude for the MIBG scan's isn't in.  So we had to move his scans to Thursday and Friday.

A week ago today Dr. Honey found Jude's tumor at his well-check. I woke up that morning expecting nothing but a normal day. I had no idea that our world was about to be changed forever. I had no idea that the Lord was about to act in a mighty mighty way. I certainly NEVER expected that in 24 hours a pediatric radiologist would be kneeling before me saying, "Your son has cancer". Never saw it coming.

The past week has of course been the hardest week of our life. BUT...we have seen the Lord do some amazing things in our lives and in the lives of others. We have seen an outpouring of love and support and kindness. The Lord has drawn Brad and I closer together. I have gotten to see a side of Brad I've never seen before...his emotional strength, spiritual strength, and character. We have had people literally all over the world praying for our baby and for us! What a blessing! We are humbled and so grateful. 
These are some beautiful flowers from my sister Carrie.  They make me so cheerful.  I love tulips.
And James got some new Spider Man pj's and Nana and Papa got him his first pair of real cowboy boots!  It only made perfect sense to him that they be worn together.  It's a thing of beauty.
We still appreciate your prayers for the MIBG scans coming up at the end of this week as well as for the remainder of the pathology that will determine if chemo is needed.  I am also feeling overwhelmed by the 3 year schedule we received today. I know the Lord is in control.  I trust in HIM!

Psalm 56:3-When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
Mark 5:36-Don't be afraid, just believe.
Philippians 4:6-Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING present your requests to God.
Job 2:10b-Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?

Comments

Erin said…
Praise God for His faithfulness and mercy!!! I am in awe of the strength and grace He has given to you. We will keep praying for continued healing!!
Anonymous said…
Dee from Tennessee

Standing with you in prayer from the rollin' hills of Tennessee.
Melinda said…
What an amazing journey. You really should write a testimony and have that sucker published! Seriously!! I am sooo VERY happy that things turned out so well and all of the Drozell family is healthy and happy!!

Stephanie, you remind me everyday of what a radiant woman you are! I admire your strength and courage! You are truly a amazingly beautiful lady and I just love you!! Those men in your life are the LUCKIEST men alive!
apryl said…
I am so thankful every time I "tune in" to see that things are going so smoothly and results are just coming back one after the other with good news! I am constantly thinking of you all and praying for you and your sweet family. Don't forget when you have a moment to take some time for yourself and let it all out! You are being so strong but I know inside you are a wreck...cause any mom would be! I am so thankful we have a Lord and Saviour that we can actually feel Him take care of us and hold us. Keep trusting Him, as I know you will.
Janice Jeter said…
Praise God for His faithfulness, He is the great physician. I will continue to keep Little Jude and his parents in my prayers. It is hard to believe that this started only a week ago, it seems like a month. Rest in the Lord's love and enjoy your boys. You are an amazing woman!
Janice