Skip to main content

Jude Recovery 3

I got my first post op smile today!  I can't tell you what it did for my soul.
But he still doesn't feel great.  I know he is in a lot of pain.
But he sure can lift that leg.
It is hard on us to see him in so much pain.  We can calm him down by leaning in and singing "You Are My Sunshine" to him.  Hope the neighbors brought ear plugs.
Jude also got a little sponge bath today.  I don't know about him but it made me feel better.
James came by to tell his baby brother good morning and then came back later to tell him good night.  He has been most delighted to discover the toy room and especially this cool car.  He also stole some banana bread off the dinner tray and hijacked Jude's balloon.
He also got in a good Nana nap this afternoon.  I know that my boy is tired if he is taking a nap...much less in someones arms.  I think he might be having too much fun while he's away from Mom and Dad.
Down to business...

We have gotten more good news on Jude today!  Dr. Regueira came in this morning to tell us that Jude's bone marrow biopsy came back negative!  Thank you Lord!  Now we are waiting for 3 more things.  The head CT on Monday, the MIBG test on Wednesday, and the rest of the pathology to determine the genetics of the tumor.  These last 3 things will determine definitively what stage neuroblastoma it is and therefore if any chemo is needed.  Well, actually, the head CT is just to make sure it isn't in his brain and the MIBG is to make sure there is no more anywhere else in his body.  Forgive me on my explanation here...I'm sleep deprived.  (I told my mom and sister the same story twice about a really sweet nurse here within about an hour and they thought I was joking.  I totally didn't remember telling them.  Crazy what a little stress and lack of sleep can do to a gal). 

We will probably be in the hospital until Monday or Tuesday but I am praying for a quick recovery.  Jude will have to have his NG tube removed, start eating, and pooping before that can happen.  He has started running a little fever today so I hope that doesn't set us back.

We continue to feel so very blessed by everyones kindness and prayers and support.  We are blown away by the kindness and compassion of our doctors...Dr. Honey, Dr. Nirgiotis, Dr. Regueira.  And the nurses here...I just can't tell you how precious they are.  We are so thankful for everyones prayer, love, and kindness to our little boy and to us.  But most of all...we are so grateful to the Lord for Jude and this outcome so far.

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.  1 Samuel 2:3

Comments

bonnie said…
I'm so glad you continue to get good news. God is good.
Melanie Lyons said…
Have been praying and just now saw your updates. Praise God! Will continue to pray for Jude's (and your)recovery.