Skip to main content

Jude Update II

Psalm 92:4- For You, O Lord, have made me glad by Your works; at the deeds of Your hands I joyfully sing.

It is with OVERWHELMING joy that I can tell you that Dr. Nargiotis was able to remove the tumor, completely encapsulated, with no rupturing!  PRAISE GOD!  He didn't see that it had spread to any other organs or lymph nodes.  The bone scan came back good this morning.  No chemo port was needed.  THANK YOU JESUS!

Now we are waiting for pathology and that will take 2 weeks.  We will start getting some of it back possibly by tomorrow.  They took some bone marrow today during surgery and we might get that back tomorrow.  So we have crossed the first big hurdle so what is next?  From what my very sleep deprived brain can follow...when we get the pathology reports back, that will determine the staging of the cancer.  We are praying for Stage 1 obviously.  From there we will know if and what further treatment is required.

Wednesday we go for a MIBG scan which will cause any other areas of neuroblastoma to light up if there are any.

We will probably be in the hospital for about 5 more days.  As soon as Jude's tummy starts making some noise and we can feed him, we can go home.

The tumor was larger than they thought...about the size of a softball but oblong...so maybe like an ostrich egg???  Hmmm...I'll think on a better example.  Thank you Jesus that is OUT of my baby's body!

We are TREMENDOUSLY humbled and thankful for your prayers.  I really cannot adequately put into words what it has meant to us.  THANK YOU!  The Lord heard our prayers.  What a mighty mighty God we serve.

Jamesie getting to see Jude after surgery.  (And I know this is TOTALLY not about me but excuse the way I look...I've been crying for 2 days straight and am currently going on a total of 2 hours of sleep in about 36 hours...I'm going to bed as soon as I post this).
Judie Bug after surgery.
I love this boo-boo because it means that tumor is out.
I want to say one more thing about our doctors...what a team!  Dr. Nirgiotis and Dr. Honey (Hoving) prayed with us this morning...the man who cut into my son's body prayed for us this morning!  My God is so good to me.  Dr. Honey was brilliant and diligent enough to find this tumor during a routine well check.  Dr. Regeria was up making phone calls about Jude at 12:30 last night and then again before 5 this morning.  CT technicians, nurses, sono technicians, and doctors have cried with me and prayed with me over the last 2 days.  I am so overwhelmed and grateful.  Thank you Lord for what You have done for us.

If I could ask you for your continued prayers for the pathology reports, the staging, the bone marrow report, that no chemo will be needed, and for Jude's quick recovery from his surgery.  Thank you so much!

Comments

Unknown said…
All I can say is "God is Awesome. Nothing gets by Him. He orders the steps, no surprises or accidents. Praise His Name.
Love ya.
Continually praying
Gene and Glenda
Unknown said…
WOW...that is great news. You are correct, path will tell you everything you need to know. And I would think you will honestly have the info a lot sooner than 2 weeks. Prayers are powerful and you have a whole army of people praying for Jude, you, your family and everyone else working on/with him.
XOXO
Renee
Jen said…
PRAISE JESUS!! :)
Celee said…
Praise God! We'll keep praying that God will glorify Himself by completely healing Jude with no further medical intervention needed!

Celee
Melinda said…
It is just awesome news!! AWESOME!!
I can't imagine all the mess in your head right now trying to figure out what's up and what's down. I have never been in your shoes but I do know that you are one BLESSED and AMAZING woman!

ps. I think you look BEAUTIFUL!! I find it impossible for you to look like a mess! :)