Skip to main content

Footwear Faux Pas

You know James has an obsession with his Spiderman muff-muffs as seen in almost every post for the past couple of months...like here...
And here...
He wears them EVERYWHERE!  To the grocery store, the doctor, the hospital.  He considers them appropriate attire for any occasion.  So you can only imagine my glee when I saw a pair of Spiderman sneakers at Wal-Mart today!  Be still my heart.  And James about flung himself from the cart to get to them.  Needless to say...we are the proud new owners of the ugliest pair of sneakers you've ever seen.  But I feel better about him wearing ugly sneakers in public instead of muff-muffs.
Jamesie is very proud of them!
I love you Wal-Mart.  I really do.
We have a strict "No tissue wasting" policy in this house.  James thinks it is crazy-fun to pull tissues out of the box.  I don't get it but whatev.  It bothers me.  I tell him he can only get tissues out when he needs to blow his nose.  So today I was very busy on the computer reading blogs and checking my email doing important things when I realized that somewhere in my subconscious I was hearing the sound of tissues being pulled out of the box.  I looked into the bathroom and this is what I saw.
A PILE of tissues!  Upon realizing he had been busted, James immediately started blowing.
He had also slathered himself in baby lotion...another no-no.  But he smelled nice.  And had very clear nasal passages.

Jude is cleverly managing three addictions...binkie, blankie, and Puppy.  I admire his ability to diversify.
And because I think it is just good mothering to let my child lick the spatula after I've just made a batch of chocolate buttercream frosting...
I mean...who doesn't feel better after a spatula full of frosting???  I know I do.

Psalm 34:8-Taste and see that the Lord is good...

Comments

Unknown said…
As I was reading this, Brock came over and said, "James got new Spiderman shoes. They're cool!" Another lover of fine footwear.