Skip to main content

Day 2 Of Celebrating

Today was day 2 of my birthday celebrations. And although today isn't technically my actual birthday, it IS my birthday weekend. So Brad snuck out early to go get donuts. My very favorite breakfast in all the world. He even got me a chocolate donut with birthday sprinkles on it! He brought James' highchair in so we could have "breakfast in bed".
If James had (heavenforbid) turned the camera on me...I probably would have looked a lot like this too.......right before I grounded him for 3000 years for taking a picture of me while eating. That's stricly forbidden around here.

Mmmmmmmm....we love us some donut.
After we (and by "we" I mean Brad) cleaned up the donut fiasco...we snuggled with James in bed. My very favorite of all weekend activities. It started when he was iddy biddy. But back then he would just lay there with us like a blob while we watched tv. Now he wants to wrestle and play and squirm. I like it just the same.
What a PERFECT morning! We were a little tired though because Jamesie is still fighting some of the affects from his virus and kept us up last night. I will be glad when that little guy is 100% again!

Later this afternoon the three of us went shopping. Fabulous! Then I took James to my parent's house and Brad and I went to church.

After church my sweet husband took me out on a fun sushi date. Jamesie is spending the night with my parents. We will pick him up in the morning and I can't wait to see him. I miss my little guy.




Birthday celebrating is fun! I love it. A few years ago I didn't want to turn 30...I wasn't ready. But now that I am a couple of years past it...it's not so bad. In fact, I sort of like it. I am thankful and glad to have gotten my 20's behind me...and come out semi-unscathed. When I think back over my 20's I do have good memories...but nothing like having a husband who adores me, a child that we cherish, and lots to look forward to.

Comments

Celee said…
Happy Birthday Snuzi! 30 didn't hit me that hard, I had just had a baby and that helps. 35 hit me like a ton of bricks, of course I had just had a baby then, too. Oh, well. Getting older just stinks, but having a baby around makes it bearable.
Erin said…
I already said it on FB, but happy birthday again! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!