Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! Did you go around the table today at lunch and tell everyone what you are thankful for? Me neither. But I hear that some families do that. With our family, we know what we are most thankful for...each other.

We'll get to more of the Thanksgiving stuff in a minute.

But first...

James has learned to climb. I wasn't looking forward to that developmental stage, but it is here so I will embrace it. He climbed into the bathtub and it worked out very well for a temporary playpen to contain him while I finished getting ready. He was a little shocked when he realized what he had just accomplished.But then he warmed right up to the idea. All the fun without the downside of having to get clean.
This morning he tried to eat an entire cereal bar in one bite.Which entitled him to one free bath to decerealbarify him. He even spelled out his name.Just kidding...I did that.

He has also had a wonderful time with his cousins, aunts and uncles in town. He chilled with the big boys and played the piano.And he played peek-a-boo with Maddy!My aunt and grandmother Dee Dee came to town today from Lubbock to have lunch with us. We had to eat fast though because they had to leave by 1:00 to make it home in time for the Cowboys game. Me...not so much a football fan...my aunt....a football fan. Big time.

Then we went to Brad's parent's house for dinner. We also celebrated Addi's first birthday.She liked her cake.I liked her bow.James liked her pink walker thingamajig.And her Busy Ball Popper.He liked it a lot.The new baby girl will be here in 3 weeks and this cute little family will be a little bigger.I love my sweet sister-in-law. We have so much fun together.After dinner with Grandma and Grandpa we went back over to my parent's house for a little more fun before bedtime. When we got home, James was so sleepy that he barely made it through his bottle. And yes...he still has a nighttime ba-ba when I feel it is necessary...for me or for him.

What a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments