Skip to main content

Sick Little James

After a very sleepless night for all three of us, we took James' temperature this morning and it was 103.1. No wonder he couldn't sleep. We talked to our nurse and she told me to keep him on Tylenol and Motrin and push as much liquids down him as we could. That means anything he wanted to drink. Anything. And that ended up being Sprite...through a straw because he can't drink out of a can yet and wouldn't drink it out of a sippy. So we fed it to him like a little birdy.He was pretty much just spoiled rotten all day by Nana, Papa, and us. But the Mommy Handbook I consulted said that is ok when your baby is sick. He watched Baby Einstein with Papa and then some more at home with Daddy until he went to bed.I'll call the doctor first thing in the morning and get that little guy in. Hopefully he will get better quickly. Nothing in the world hurts your heart like your baby being sick. I told my friend Wendy that I am not sure if I prayed this much before I had James.

The bible says that "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him." (Psalm 127:3)...and James is a precious gift and a treasured reward.

Comments

Celee said…
I'm sorry James is sick. I'll pray for him, too. And yes, he is a treasure!