Skip to main content

A Fun New Game

My brain doesn't activate in the mornings until I've had at least two cups of coffee. And Brad has learned in over a decade of knowing me that it is best not to try to chat me up until a good half of that first cup is pumping through my veins. So that is my excuse for this morning's activities.

Every mother knows that when everything gets quiet in the house, something is up. And usually not in a good way. I've experienced that twice already this morning. First was when James decided to try to finish off the rest of his rice cereal all by himself. It mainly ended up smashed into the carpet and all over his face. I'm not sure much made it into his mouth. But hey...at least he's working on those spoon skills!

The second occurrence came while I was checking my email...a luxury I usually reserve for his nap time. And now I remember why.I get that this is a fun game for a one year old. And a pretty cheap babysitter for me! It kept him busy for several minutes. Pull out a tissue and another one pops right up! Fun! And I do believe it was JUST YESTERDAY that my wise Mother gently advised me to not keep these items at his level. When am I ever going to listen????

Comments

Wendy said…
hee hee.. just wait until he figures out that the toilet paper just keeps going when he pulls on it!