Skip to main content

What A Day

Yesterday while we were in Lubbock, Mom noticed that James had gotten awfully hot. He was also super lethargic and noodle-like. We gave him some Tylenol. When I got home at 6:00 last night I took his temperature and it was 104.3. Brad and I quasi flipped out and called the after hours nurse line. So I was up all night checking his temperature and giving him medicine. Poor baby.

Today we went to the pediatrician and they did all sorts of tests, including drawing blood and a catheter. It was really crummy. One blood test came back fine and we are waiting on another one and the results of the cath.

So James has gotten extremely spoiled today since he has spent two full days at doctor's offices and hospitals. He could have done just about anything he wanted. And what did he want to do?????.....

Explore the house with Puppy and find every undiscovered cabinet in the house....

He found the paper plates....
Every.....
Single....One...
And he found the rolling pin...As well as rediscovering all of the plastic cups. But he blamed that one on Puppy.

So after that adventure I found a huge wolf spider in the living room by James' toys. And surprise of all surprises...Brad is in town! So after spotting the spider...and drowning him in Raid, I loaded the baby in the car and left. It was the last thin little delicate straw that broke the camel's back. I couldn't be in the house with that big dead spider and the stinky Raid. I couldn't pick the spider up to dispose of him. And I couldn't handle mopping up the puddle of Raid. I just could. not. do it.

So I called Brad, told him I was no longer in the house with the deadly spider, I was going to my parents and not returning until the huge dinosaur spider was removed. Always the hero...he came to my rescue and I was once again able to return home. And when I did return home, what had my most wonderfulest husband done? He bought me home a sweet present and a sweet note because he said he knew I had had such a difficult couple of days. Could he be any more wonderful?!?!!? Nope!

James is in bed now. At last check, his temperature was 101.1. I'll check it again at 10:00 and hopefully it will be lower.

We are sleeping in tomorrow and not going anywhere...especially to any doctors!

Comments

Celee said…
Wow, you have had a rough couple of days! I vote that Brad is definitely the best husband ever. I've never heard of any husband coming home to dispose of a dead spider before. You are blessed!