Skip to main content

James

First of all...today James is 11 months old! I can't believe he is almost one. How did that happen so fast? My sister says, "the days are long but the years are short"...so true. This year has flown...but there were some days there, especially in the beginning, that were very, very, very looooooonnnnnnnngggggggg.

Today was also our first day of CBS...Community Bible Study. I haven't been able to attend in the past because I worked. But now that I have the joy of staying home, I can go. My Mom has gone for years so it is fun to get to go with her. However...this meant that James had to go to an unfamiliar nursery...with unfamiliar people. Can you guess how that went over???

Not well.

At. All.

I got paged out of our small group and had to go and get him because he wouldn't stop crying. I about had a heart attack when that stupid pager went off. I looked at my friend who is in small group with me and said, "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?!?!?!" She calmly told me that I needed to go get James from the nursery. It was really nothing to get so worked up over. He was just tired and didn't know anyone and was just not going to put up with it for one more second. I have a plan to get him together with Baby Lu so at least he will have one familiar face in there. Poor guy.

But he sure did look handome for his first day of CBS!Afterwards we had lunch with Nana and Papa and that cheered him right up and the rest of the day has been great!

Now on to the serious stuff. Ick. Over the weekend I noticed James having several more of his little episodes/spasms/whatever they are. Two were when he was in direct sunlight and the others were when we were over at my in-laws. I called the pediatrician first thing the next morning. The most wonderful nurse in all the world, Lorraine, called me back a few hours later and told me that they had gotten us in to the pediatric neurologist next Wednesday. It generally takes 3 weeks to get in so I am so thankful that we got in so quickly.

I talked to a sweet friend who has been down this road and she had so much wisdom and advice and was able to tell me what to expect and what to do and what to ask. I feel so much more prepared. I am so thankful for her.

My prayer is, of course, that this is truly something behavioral and that Dr. Brown can spot that right away without having to do any further testing. But if it is something, I pray that the doctor can make wise decisions and recommendations to get us on the road to resolving this. And most importantly that if there is something wrong with James that the Lord will heal him as I know He can.

We would appreciate and be so thankful for your prayers for him, us, and the doctors.

Now back to the good news...Bradley comes home tomorrow and I can hardly even wait! I miss him so much and so does James.

Comments